Thank you for your interest in our school.
We have our Open Day interviews every Wednesday (Junior and Senior Primary Schools), from 09h00-12h00, and would like to welcome you to make an appointment to meet with our Academic Head, Ms Samantha Kiley, and have a personalised tour of our school. Interviews with our Principal Ms Edna Carolissen, can be made at a time both suitable to you and their schedules.
Please note the following process involved in enrolling your child at Blouberg International School:
- A Downloaded application form which must be completed, signed and the original brought with you to your interview. This may be submitted via email, in the meantime, to our Admissions Secretary in order for a folder for your child(ren) may be opened and for the enrollment process to begin.
- In the case of students applying from overseas or another province, an emailed /online application will be accepted until your child(ren) begin studies with Blouberg International School, in which case the original Application Form must be submitted on the day they begin school.
- The Application Fee of R300 (non-refundable, paid by EFT/cheque/credit card/bank card ONLY – STRICTLY NO CASH), must be paid when submitting your Application Form, and proof of payment forwarded to our Admissions Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- A certified copy of your child(ren)’s birth certificate, must be attached/uploaded. Should you have a copy of your child(ren)’s unabridged birth certificate, please forward/attach that instead. Unabridged birth certificates only apply to South African residents/citizens.
- In the case of a child applying for Year 1 to Year 12, a copy of their most recent school report must be attached/uploaded.
- An interview (with you) and an Assessment (with your child(ren), will not be scheduled until the abovementioned documentation and fees are in place.
- The Admissions Secretary will then liaise with and confirm a suitable date and time for your interview.
- Your child(ren) will then be placed on our waiting list and we will communicate with you concerning our next Assessment Day. Based on the outcome of his/her assessment, we can proceed with placing your child(ren) in the relevant Year group.
- Students applying from overseas/another province, may be required to undergo an assessment when they arrive/start school.
- Once you have received confirmation that your child(ren) have been accepted to Blouberg International School, all money must be paid into the School Account, and proof of payment forwarded to the Admissions Secretary.
- You will receive an Acceptance Letter from our Principal, Ms Edna Carolissen which will outline the financial commitments and further documentation required.
- Foreign students MUST have applied for a Study Permit. Proof that you have applied for this permit from the South African Department of Home Affairs, must be submitted with the Application Form. If your child(ren) already has a study permit, that permit must be submitted with the Application Form.
- In accordance with the Immigration Act, 2002 (Act No. 13 of 2002), a foreign student MUST please supply the school with a VALID Study Permit, prior to the commencement of attendance. A foreign student may not begin studies at any educational facility in South Africa, without a valid study permit, issued by the South African Department of Home Affairs.
- The Admissions Department will be delighted to hear from you at any time and to answer any questions or queries that you may have.
Tel: +27 21 557 9071
GET IN TOUCH
We would love to hear from you…
We are on hand to answer any questions you may have! Please get in touch either with the following contact details or by using our quick contact form. We will endeavour to reply to you within 1 working day.
If you would like to arrange visiting the school, to have a personal tour and to get answer to all of your questions, please visit our Admissions page & make an enquiry with a suggested time and date to suit you!
Call Us: +27 21 557 9071
Visit Us: Blouberg International School, 74 Ringwood Drive, Cape Town, Parklands 7441